Winter Classes and Events for Adults
Dress very warmly. It’s colder on the farm than in town. Also, the barnyard and pastures can be muddy and snowy in winter, so be sure to wear your muck boots!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2019
HOW ON EARTH DO I PLAN AN ORGANIC GARDEN?
$15 PER PERSON
10 AM - NOON
Sign up here: Register for Garden Class
Late February is the time to plan your vegetable garden!
This small group seminar draws on Farmer Penny's more than twenty-five years of organic gardening experience and will cover the following and more:
· Know your vegetable families.
· The planning game of what, when, where and why.
· How do I plant by the cycles of the moon?
· Know your garden soil.
· What is the "Three Sisters" patch?
· Gardening without pesticides and herbicides.
· Learn the proper technique for digging a garden bed.
· Learn how to make potting soil.
Each participant will bring home a gallon bag of Farmer Penny's organic potting soil!
Class cost includes materials.
Bring your own brown bag lunch. Dessert will be provided, featuring our own farm garden produce.
See you on the farm!